Jan 19, 2012

Looking for that Silver Lining.

Finding the mythical "silver lining" is usually an easy thing for me to do.

Last night Sid and I were talking and I told him that I was an eternal optimist and a hopeless romantic.   He laughed at me.  He'll easily concede the optimist point, but the romantic... not so much.  But I think that he's just confused.  Romantic as defined by dictionary.com  "imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc."  granted it's definition number 3. But that doesn't make it less valid.   But that's not really what this post is about.  It's about the difference between finding the silver lining and appreciating the silver lining.

Right now, I see the silver lining.  Sid's job sucks.  I mean really sucks.  It's hard physically and emotionally.  It is best described as soul crushing.  I can't wait until he finds a new job.  So what can the silver lining of having a crappy job, surrounded by crude people, and no hope of the situation improving possibly be?  Well, I'm glad you asked.

It's this.  It has reinforced a conviction in both us that Sid belongs in full time ministry.  It has solidified The Call.  It has made us realize that we want to be in ministry.  Sid was told by his pastor growing up "if you can do anything else (non-ministry, that is) and be happy... do that."  Or something along those lines.  Well.

Sid will only be truly happy when he is serving God in a full time vocational way.  I'm glad.  We're sending out more resume's.  I'm glad.  We've expanded the area we're willing to search in.  I'm glad.  We're communicating more clearly on where, and why and what-about-part-time? I'm glad.

So what is the silver lining?  It's being closer to my husband.  It's seeing his passion for ministry renewed.  But... I wish it would have been accomplished without the crappy job, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment