Aug 26, 2009

One of those days

Today was "one of those days" for me. I had a short list of things to get done, and they did, mostly, but with many stops to put the plastic food storage tubs back in the cabinet (again!), and to put the DVD's away (again!), and to wipe up a spill (again!). Then when you finally sit down to close your eyes and take a deep breath, or look over the mail the adorable child you would give your very life for puts her face right in yours so you can't see, and you want to scream, so you put her down and stand up only to realize you have to put the plastic tubs away, again, (sigh). What do you do? Pray for patience?, hand the kid over to your husband when he walks in and say you're going out, alone?, scream?, all of the above?

I feel better just getting it off my chest and knowing that tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

  1. Chuckle, chuckle. (I'm sorry, I'm not being empathetic, am I). Been there, done that. Hang in there...it does get somewhat better. I've got one that though adult in age (ha!), still makes me clear the counters over and over again, the other one is almost OCD about putting things away. So, somewhere in there, I've struck a happy medium.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog with the RSS feed info - that really helped. Stop by again some time.

    ReplyDelete