Aug 21, 2009

Family Lovin'


I am headed out this afternoon to go on a retreat with our youth group! I am so looking forward to this, and have been all week. My wonderful parents are going to watch Stella for the weekend so I can go (Thanks, Mom and PoPs!). They will have almost as much fun as we will.
Having moved back to the area where I grew up, and where my family still is, has been such a blessing. Watching my daughter be loved by my parents, brother, cousins, aunts and uncles, has been an amazing thing. My mom and I were talking one day about how quickly kids understand the safety of Family. We watched as Stella, then only barely walking, went from one room to another, toddling fearlessly between people she barely knew.

But she was happy and safe, and knew almost by instinct, that she would be fine with these people. The same is true with Sid's family. Now, she isn't exactly a shy kid, which is good, but when we aren't with family, she likes to at least be able to see me or Sid.

I am constantly reminded that the love of our families is a finer thing!

This post is linked to Finer Things Friday at Amy's Finer Things

No comments:

Post a Comment