Apr 26, 2010

Stella-isms


This weekend has just been full of cute little sayings. I just love having a 2 1/2 year old. I really do. When she isn't crawling on me or kicking me that is.

Sid was away for the weekend on a retreat with the teens, so I had a fairly quiet couple of days.
Stella was so chatty though. It really made me laugh. She also confirmed her status in my mind as a hopeless ham, and probably an attention hog! Saturday afternoon found us in the church's fellowship hall for a baby shower. It was a wonderful time, spent oohing and ahhing and chatting with friends. And for Stella, to "help" Mimi open her presents. She was pretty good about it too. Mostly she just handed the very pregnant lady her gifts. Every now and then though I had to get her attention and give her a look that told her to give the recently unwrapped present back. And she really didn't understand why she couldn't read every book for the new baby as it was unwrapped.

She told me the other day that she loved me "in the hay." I asked what that meant and she just repeated it. Too funny.
Then she told me that "Daddy calls you Annie." I was pretty impressed. It's so fun to watch her learn. I love that she is grasping that she calls me something different than what Sid calls me. Of course, she has on occasion referred to Sid as Pastor Daddy.

The other thing that made me laugh out loud was this short conversation we had in the car:


S: I need money.
Me: You don't need money.

S: Yes, I do.

Me: Why do you need money?
S: Because I said so.

Really? Because I said so? Oh man am I in trouble with this one. She loves to play with money. The other day she asked for some and I told her I didn't have any, she came and grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the jar where we keep the coins, pointed, and told me it was in there. ai, ai, ai. Trouble. At least she's cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment