Apr 18, 2010

Screaming on the Inside

It's been a long week. Some good, some bad. And my kid doesn't want to sleep.

Friends came to visit and we went to Philadelphia for the day (Thursday). I FORGOT to take my camera. Just left it at home. My brain was obviously elsewhere. We walked. A lot. I was tired. We got in about 10:30 or so and picked up our tickets to see Independence Hall at about 11. We* watched two videos with some history about the Revolutionary War, what the revolution really was (hint: it was more than the war), and how and why certain people chose sides.

Then, we went to The Mint, The Liberty Bell, and finally Independence Hall. SO cool. I love all that stuff. By the time we were done with the tour of Independence Hall, and the tour of Congress Hall we decided to go get our Cheese steaks for dinner. We opted to walk the 8 or 9 blocks to Reading Terminal and Market. Good choice and Bad! The market, and steaks, were totally worth the walk, but the 10 to 11 block walk back to the car was a little long. It was a very fun day and I enjoyed it. But I was VERY ready for bed when I got home.

On Friday, I took Martha to the Farmer's Market here, because it's totally different from theirs (ours is way better!). Then we went to Lancaster County. You know, to see the Amish, and the replica of the Tabernacle. I forgot my camera,
again! We did the tabernacle tour and watched a video on the history of the Mennonites and Amish. We all learned something new. Fun fact: the Amish are an offshoot of the Mennonites, not the other way around! Then we took a quick tour of the beautiful Amish country. In a horse drawn wagon. It was gorgeous and I wish I had taken my camera. It was a really neat thing, and absolutely beautiful countryside. I really do think that I live in (well, at least near) one of the most beautiful places in the world. Maybe just because it's home.

The Magees left from there and Sid and I were about one exit from home, when my mom called. She had gotten a call from the Tabernacle people. They had my phone. Yes, that's right. I lost my cell phone at the Tabernacle. We turned around and went back to get it. Needless to say, Stella didn't nap very well in the car Friday, and not at all on Thursday. Or Saturday. So. of course, today she took a short nap at my parents (we were there for dinner, Thanks Mom!). And I put her to bed twenty minutes ago and she is still not asleep.

I feel like I've been going non-stop since Tuesday. I had to clean the house, make sure we were ready to sleep and feed 5 extra people, which I loved doing, but it still can wear a girl out. I really am not complaining! I loved having them and I would/will do it again and again. To have them here and go-go-go for two days and then a weekend filled with youth events and bridal showers and church and just, life, was tiring. My house shows it. I should go now and check on the kid. And clean the house up. It feels good to get some of it out. There is definitely more, but since I already have written a book and not a post. And since there isn't even a picture to break it all up, I will close there. I think I'll go to bed early tonight. If my house is clean enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment